Travel companions

Адвокат

Private access level
Full members of NP "MOD"
Reaction score
Website
advoc-garant.ru
Fellow travelers
Maxim S., Surgut: “I am a professional driver. Once I decided to earn extra money with a private carriage. I’m driving around the city and I see an ordinary young man voting at the curb (not far from the store of tele-video-home appliances) with a box from the PHILIPS TV. I stop - the citizen asks to be taken to a certain place, having previously stopped at three or four more addresses, and promises a tidy sum of remuneration. Having loaded the TV on the trunk, we hit the road. We call in one place, another, third (already traveled a good half of the city). I am waiting for the passenger at the next entrance. No worries - what kind of fool would throw a TV for $ 300 without paying a fare? However, it is not and is not, is not and is not. Finally, I could not stand it: I was leaving, I opened the box, and there were bricks and cardboard. ”

Massive unemployment forced many owners of personal vehicles to engage in private transportation. Probably, every driver, "taxing" for pennies at his own peril and risk, wants to get into a company with stable earnings and leave at the expense of the enterprise. Fraudsters took this factor into account and immediately came up with a way to expropriate money from poor “private traders”.

Fraud can be even more dangerous. For example, as in this quite ordinary story. The driver followed in an individual vehicle from the north of N. towards the center. He noticed a couple on the side of the road — seemingly respectable, well-dressed young people. The suitcase of unmeasured dimensions supplemented the picture. The driver agreed to give them a lift. The wardrobe trunk was fitted into the cabin, and its owners, tired but happy, also fit in there. Having agreed on the size of the fee, the driver began to move in the required direction. Passengers turned out to be friendly and talkative. Repeatedly expressing admiration for the wonderful landscapes of the city, they explained that they are not local people, but quite the contrary, visitors. They arrived either from Ukraine, or from the Kuban in order to develop business.

When the purpose of the trip was already close, the guests explained that, in general, the market is not the final destination of their route. On the market, it was only necessary to pick up Nastasya's grandmother with scales. The driver agreed to further cooperation, subject to a corresponding increase in remuneration. Upon concluding an oral agreement, they left for the grandmother, leaving a precious suitcase in the car as a symbol of mutual trust between the parties.

For some time, the driver indulged in possible ways of spending the alleged fee, but after smoking a cigarette he became obsessed with vague concern. After the second cigarette, he realized that the waiting period was too long. Having waited some more time, with his inherent quick wits, I decided to find out how justified his expectations were. For this purpose, he opened the suitcase. Inside were cobblestones carefully wrapped in old newspapers.

Being familiar with the mores and customs of illegal citizens, the driver was able to predict with a high degree of probability the possible development of events. The option with non-payment of travel fell away - due to the considerable cost of the suitcase itself. In addition, it is unlikely that such a thorough packaging and lengthy comedy were made for such a modest purpose. Probably, it was planned to return not only with Nastasya’s grandmother, but also with a couple of young men of fair dimensions, with the subsequent opening of the suitcase and finding out where its valuable contents had gone ... Fortunately, the driver realized in time that the matter was unclean and immediately left away from the waiting place .
What to do?
Experience shows that most composite routes with intermediate stops and passenger waiting are fraught with a wide variety of troubles. In this case, the option to "retire without payment" seems to be the most harmless result of the trip. You should not participate in such events, even on the conditions of the most generous prepayment. Believe me, the external harmlessness of the client also cannot guarantee security.
Source: https://juliki.ru/automobil/58-poputchiki.html

Original message
Попутчики
Максим С., Сургут: «Я профессиональный водитель. Однажды решил подзаработать частным извозом. Еду по городу и вижу обыкновенного молодого человека, голосующего у обочины (неподалеку от магазина теле-видео-бытовой техники) с коробкой от телевизора PHILIPS. Я останавливаюсь — гражданин просит довезти до определенного места, предварительно заехав еще по трем-четырем адресам, и обещает кругленькую сумму вознаграждения. Погрузив телевизор на багажник, отправляемся в путь. Заезжаем в одно место, другое, третье (объехали уже добрую половину города). Ожидаю пассажира у очередного подъезда. Волнений никаких — какой дурак бросит телевизор за $300, не заплатив за проезд? Однако его нет и нет, нет и нет. Наконец, не выдержал: отъезжаю, открываю коробку, а там кирпичи и картон».

Повальная безработица заставила очень многих владельцев личного автотранспорта заняться частным извозом. Наверное, каждый водитель, «таксующий» за гроши на свой страх и риск, мечтает устроиться в фирму со стабильным заработком и отпуском за счет предприятия. Мошенники учли этот фактор и тут же придумали способ экспроприации денежных средств у небогатых «частников».

Мошенничество может оказаться и более опасным. Например, как в этой вполне рядовой истории. Водитель следовал на индивидуальном транспортном средстве с севера города N. в сторону центра. Он заметил голосующую на обочине парочку — с виду добропорядочные, хорошо одетые молодые люди. Дополнял картину чемодан немереных габаритов. Водитель согласился их подвезти. Кофр был прилажен в салон, туда же поместились и его владельцы, уставшие, но довольные. Договорившись о размере гонорара, водитель начал движение в требуемом направлении. Пассажиры оказались людьми приветливыми и словоохотливыми. Неоднократно выразив восхищение по поводу чудных пейзажей города, они пояснили, что люди они не местные, а даже совсем наоборот, приезжие. Прибыли они то ли с Украины, то ли с Кубани с целью развивать бизнес.

Когда цель поездки была уже близка, гости пояснили, что, вобщем-то говоря, рынок не является конечным пунктом их маршрута. На рынке требовалось только забрать бабку Настасью с весами. Водитель согласился на дальнейшее сотрудничество, при условии соответствующего роста вознаграждения. По заключении устного соглашения, отбыли за бабкой, оставив драгоценный чемодан в машине как символ взаимного доверия сторон.

Некоторое время водитель предавался размышлениям о возможных способах траты предполагаемого гонорара, но после выкуривания сигареты им овладело смутное беспокойство. После второй сигареты он осознал, что период ожидания слишком затянулся. Прождав ещё какое-то время, с присущей ему сообразительностью, решил выяснить, насколько оправданы его ожидания. Для этой цели он открыл чемодан. Внутри находились булыжники, заботливо обёрнутые в старые газеты.

Будучи не понаслышке знакомым с нравами и обычаями незаконопослушных граждан, водитель смог с большой степенью вероятности спрогнозировать возможное развитие событий. Вариант с неоплатой проезда отпадал — в силу немалой стоимости самого чемодана. Кроме того, маловероятно, что столь тщательная упаковка и длительная комедия учинялись ради такой скромной цели. Вероятно, планировалось вернуться не только с бабкой Настасьей, но и с парой-тройкой молодцов изрядных габаритов, с последующим вскрытием чемодана и выяснением, куда подевалось его ценное содержимое… Благо, водитель вовремя смекнул, что дело нечисто, и сразу уехал подальше от места ожидания.
Что делать?
Опыт показывает, что большинство составных маршрутов с промежуточными остановками и ожиданием пассажира чревато самыми разнообразными неприятностями. При этом вариант «ретироваться без оплаты» представляется самым безобидным итогом поездки. Не следует участвовать в таких мероприятиях даже на условиях самой щедрой предоплаты. Поверьте, внешняя безобидность клиента также не может гарантировать безопасность.
Источник: https://juliki.ru/automobil/58-poputchiki.html

Матушкин Андрей Николаевич

Президент IAPD
Staff member
Private access level
Full members of NP "MOD"
Reaction score
Website
o-d-b.ru
Thank!

Original message
Спасибо!