+79214188555

Valor - a Russian-language detective agency from New York

TriumphInfo

Staff member
Reaction score
Detective Agency New York.
Private Investigator New York.

Valor1.jpg

We talked with an agency from New York that appeared a little less than 2 years ago, which aims at several markets at once - investigations, security and trainings. Dmitry, the vice president of the company, agreed to answer the questions.

Conversation Audio Recording is on the site .

Hello, friends. Today we are in touch with Dmitry from New York, a representative of a young detective agency that translates into Russian as “valor” or “courage”. And let's start from the beginning. Tell me how you ended up in the States. When and why?

Well, in the States, I have not so long ago, about 5 years. Why is it a completely different story. I lived a lot where, in different countries, mainly in Europe. Now I am staying in the States and started my business here.

He started the business right after he moved, 5 years ago?

No, that was a bit later. Before that, I worked for another company, and I came to business over time, gaining experience in this country. As in any other country, business starts over time, experience is needed to get started.

OK. Before that, we talked with Steve from Miami, and I think that New York should somehow be different. Still, another state. He said that he did not notice the difference between the Russian and American mentalities, that there was a difference between specific people. Do you notice her? And what is the attitude towards Russians in New York after the recent political events?

Firstly, the states themselves differ decently, no matter what nationality. America is big and you need to consider the fact that New York, as they say, is the world capital of fashion, finance and business. And here there are more people, more nationalities and, accordingly, more mentalities. This is fundamentally different from New York Florida. And as for the Russian-speaking population, I think that in Florida the contingent lives a bit richer. New York is the starting point in the expat life of all those who come to the States. People who have less finances start their journey from New York, because there is more work, more opportunities to realize themselves and the Russian-speaking diaspora in New York is more than in Florida.

As for how they treat Russians in the light of recent events, I will say honestly. Again, this is a subjective opinion, which is based on my observations and on the information that I personally receive. Here they treat everyone well, regardless of what nationality you are from, what country you came from, what language you speak. It’s good if you behave normally. If you behave badly, you are rude, you have rednecks, it does not depend on what language you speak and what nationality you belong. So I think the point is not in politics, but in the behavior of people.

Well, that’s clear. And before you open an agency, what did you do? How did you get into the profession?

My security career began back in 2004. Then I worked in the quick response group in the lowest position. Over time, it came to the field of investigation (investigations - Ed.), I myself am a programmer by training and my area of investigation is cybersecurity and cyber investigations.

What is that? Open in more detail.

People now spend a lot of time on the Internet. And most people cannot imagine what the Internet is. And opening a browser on a computer or mobile phone, a person thinks that the world revolves around him. Few people think that on the other side of the screen there is also a person and not always it is someone harmless, with whom you can just have a conversation. There is such a thing as cyber ethics, rules of conduct on the Internet. Who can I say, where what information about myself can be laid out. And cybersecurity is the protection of individuals and legal entities, the protection of local networks from unwanted visitors and potential threats. Cyber investigations are the result of cybercrime. The most common cybercrime among the population is when someone’s account has been hacked and opened mail. This is where the cyber investigation begins: who, for what purpose, when and what the consequences may be.

Are there any accumulated cases? I understand that you work very little, less than a year.

We have been officially working since January 4, 2017, that is, there will soon be two.

What did you manage to rivet in terms of cases?

There were a lot of cases, and as for cyber, it was applied. This is when you need to find a person, for example, the Internet first comes to mind. Because in any case, a person has inherited somewhere, he has an account on social networks, he has an e-mail, most likely he used to look for work, which means you can find clues where he left his data. That is, cyberinvestigation is not necessarily an investigation of crimes, using the Internet you can find a person even if he is not a criminal, but simply lost.

Well, were there any specific examples? About which you can talk.

Among the Russian-speaking population, about eighty percent turn to private detectives in order to uncover marital infidelity. Infidelity, as a rule, begins with a slight flirting on the Internet. And the spouse, turning to a private detective, asks for help. What are we doing? We immediately search for accounts on social networks, monitor the list of friends, monitor photos and the like. And only then, having collected all this information, you can go out into the street, or where a person spends time. And you can determine with whom he is, what he does and where.

Well, what else are you interested in besides cybercrime? You have a lot of things listed on your site.

We, as a detective agency, under the license of a private detective, can also provide security services. It is as wide as the scope of investigations and includes both the simplest option - physical security, and ending with bodyguards, executive protection ("close protection", VIP security - ed.), A full range of services.

And the trainings you have are listed as a service.

As for trainings, this is a separate area, we have our own school. In which you can take a course and get a license to work in those areas that are indicated on our website. Unlike the post-Soviet countries, in the States and in particular in New York, in order to work in almost any field, a person must have a license, without this in any way. The license is issued by the state, but for this it is necessary to take a training course at a licensed school, get the relevant documents confirming that the course has been completed. These documents go to the state and on the basis of this state issues a license.

And how many people serve this whole story? There are many directions, the staff should be rather big.

Yes, the staff is rather big. We now have 4 teachers - these are fulltime teachers who teach basic courses. And there are freelance teachers giving courses that are so far less in demand.

And in other directions? Security and detective?

Here we have fulltime teachers.

I mean people who work in the fields and provide services, how many are there? How many are you in the agency?

About 40 people.

About 40 ... are you so grown over 2 years?

Yes, because we work around the clock and 365 days a year, literally. Time is running, it’s not worth it, competition also takes place, in order to develop rapidly, more work is needed.

OK. And here’s another quote from the site: “(the company) was recognized as the best company in the field of security services, private investigations and training.” Recognized by whom?

It is recognized as a consumer, and there are agencies that track work. Which, as it is right to put it, give an assessment of the work.

Is it somehow certified?

Yes, it is certified. Here, when the business begins its work, at any time ...

I clarify because I saw the phrase, but did not see the document attached to it.

The document is not available, because the site is still being finalized. The Russian version, in principle, is crude, we are still finalizing the site. As for the document, the document as such is not posted here. In my understanding, when I see a document, it looks like some kind of window dressing, it is often found among Russian-speaking businesses. And when you start checking them, it sometimes pops up that this is a left document.

But not all documents are left. Just with them is always better than without them. When a statement is made, it is better to reinforce it. But I’m so distracted, the lyrics ... Another question: since there are many areas, what are you trying to concentrate on and make the main one? I understand that I want to cover the unreachable, but still, detective, security or training - the main thing?

These are all three areas that are applied and of which the company consists.

And among them there is one most important. It always exists, it just so develops that you do something more than the rest.

We have many employees, security officers, and we are engaged in the protection of both facilities and individuals. We also do our own people, that is, our training center is delivered to us by employees. There will be no training center, there will be no school, there will be a need for employees. If there is no work in the security, security, then the training also loses its meaning to some extent. This is all complementary.

Good. Another question: I have information that before you opened your agency, you worked at ISS, if I'm not mistaken. Gregory. This is true?

George.

Yes, George.

Yes, we, Alex, my partner, first started with George, and now here are the autonomous ones.

Why did you run away?

Well, why did they run away ... The fact is that everyone performs his function and when team work is in progress, when no one is anchoring, a good result is obtained. This is how opinions differed, George began to work on his own.

So you didn’t leave, but he left?

Well, he took such a position that he is a private detective and he can do everything himself. Well ok, maybe it can. It’s just that people have different backgrounds, their connections and best practices, in this business you can’t just call yourself a private detective and say that I can do anything. This is a big business and you can’t pull everything yourself on such a scale.

Yes, I forgot to ask at the beginning, your main contingent is Russian-speaking, right?

Not.

Are Native Americans Converting?

Our main contingent is not Russian-speaking, if we take the school, then the emphasis is more on the Americans, although Russian-speakers are also present. We try not to focus much on the fact that we speak Russian among the American population. Still, New York is America, and to be on par with American companies, you need to be like an American company. In the Russian community, yes, we focus on the Russian language.

Good. Just recently, you contacted MOD, an international association of detectives. And, probably, you have some plans to participate in it. Or any ideas related to this?

I still do not fully see the picture of what this organization is. I found it purely by accident, sent information there so that people had an idea in America, in particular about what we are here. Still, 40 people are a company and such momentum, I think that you can already declare about yourself. It happens that there is a need to find someone in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, in any case, relationships with colleagues need to be built. No matter how many colleagues, the more the better. Everyone knows each other and you can share your work at any time.

I understood. Thanks for the answers, I think we will end here. See you soon!

Thank you, it was nice to talk.

The site of the detective agency Valor

Original article

Original message
Детективное агентство Нью-Йорк.
Частный детектив Нью-Йорк.

Valor1.jpg

Мы пообщались с появившимся чуть менее 2-х лет назад агентством из Нью-Йорка, которое целится сразу в несколько рынков – расследования, охрана и тренинги. На вопросы согласился ответить Дмитрий, вице-президент компании.

Аудиозапись разговора есть на сайте.

Здравствуйте, друзья. Сегодня с нами на связи Дмитрий из Нью-Йорка, представитель молодого детективного агентства, которое переводится на русский как «доблесть» или «отвага». И давай начнем с самого начала. Расскажи, как ты оказался в Штатах. Когда и почему?

Ну в Штатах я не так уж давно, около 5 лет. Почему – это вообще отдельная история. Я жил много где, в разных странах, в основном в Европе. Сейчас остановился в Штатах и здесь начал свой бизнес.

Начал бизнес сразу как переехал, 5 лет назад?

Нет, это было чуть позже. До этого я работал на другую компанию, а в бизнес пришел со временем, набравшись опыта в этой стране. Как и в любой другой стране, бизнес начинается со временем, для начала необходим опыт.

Ок. До этого мы общались со Стивом из Майами, и я думаю, что Нью-Йорк должен как-то отличаться. Все-таки другой штат. Он сказал, что не замечает разницу между российским и американским менталитетами, что разница есть между конкретными людьми. Замечаете ли ее вы? И как вообще в Нью-Йорке относятся к русским после последних политических событий?

Во-первых, штаты сами по себе отличаются прилично, не зависимо от того какая национальность. Америка большая и нужно учитывать тот факт, что Нью-Йорк, как говорят, это мировая столица моды, финансов и бизнеса. И здесь больше людей, больше национальностей и соответственно, больше менталитетов. Этим в корне Нью-Йорк отличается от Флориды. А то, что касается русскоговорящего населения, я думаю, что во Флориде живет контингент немного побогаче. Нью-Йорк является отправной точкой в эмигрантской жизни всех тех, кто приезжает в Штаты. Люди, которые имеют меньше финансов, начинают свой путь с Нью-Йорка, потому что здесь больше работы, больше возможностей реализовать себя и русскоговорящая диаспора в Нью-Йорке больше, чем во Флориде.

Что касается того, как относятся к русским в свете последних событий, я скажу честно. Опять же, это субъективное мнение, которое основано на моих наблюдениях и на той информации, которую лично я получаю. Здесь относятся хорошо ко всем, независимо от того какой ты национальности, из какой страны приехал, на каком языке говоришь. Хорошо в том случае, если ты себя нормально ведешь. Если ты ведешь себя плохо, хамишь, у тебя быдло наклонности, то это не зависит от того, на каком языке ты говоришь и к какой национальности принадлежишь. Так что я думаю, дело не в политике, а в поведении людей.

Хорошо, с этим понятно. А до того, как открыть агентство, чем вы занимались? Как вообще занесло в профессию?

Моя карьера в сфере безопасности началась еще в 2004 году. Тогда я работал в группе быстрого реагирования на самой низшей должности. Со временем дело дошло до сферы investigation (расследований – ред.), я сам по образованию программист и моя сфера расследований – это кибербезопасность и киберрасследования.

Это что такое? Раскрой подробнее.

Народ сейчас проводит много времени в интернете. И бо́льшая часть людей не представляет, что собой являет интернет. И открывая браузер на компьютере или мобильном телефоне, человек думает, что мир крутится вокруг него. Мало кто задумывается, что по ту сторону экрана тоже находится человек и не всегда это кто-то безобидный, с кем можно просто вести беседу. Есть такое понятие, как киберэтика, правила поведения в интернете. Кому что можно говорить, где какую информацию о себе можно выкладывать. А кибербезопасность – это защита физических, юридических лиц, защита локальных сетей от нежелательных посетителей и потенциальных угроз. Киберрасследования – это результат киберпреступлений. Самое распространенное киберпреступление среди населения – это когда взломали чей-то аккаунт, открыли почту. Здесь и начинается киберрасследование: кто, с какой целью, когда и какие могут быть последствия.

А какие-то наработанные кейсы есть? Я так понял, что работаете вы совсем мало, меньше года.

Мы официально работаем с 4 января 2017 года, то есть скоро будет два.

Что успели за это время в плане кейсов наклепать?

Было достаточно много кейсов, а что касается кибер, то было прикладное. Это когда нужно найти человека, например, интернет в первую очередь приходит в голову. Потому что человек в любом случае где-то наследил, он имеет аккаунт в социальных сетях, он имеет e-mail, наверняка когда-то он искал работу, а значит можно найти зацепки, где он оставлял свои данные. То есть cyberinvestigation – это не обязательно расследование преступлений, с помощью интернета можно найти человека даже если он не преступник, а просто потерялся.

Ну а какие-то конкретные примеры были? О которых можно рассказывать.

Среди русскоговорящего населения процентов восемьдесят людей обращаются к частным детективам с целью раскрыть супружескую неверность. Супружеская неверность, как правило, начинается с легкого флирта в интернете. И супруг или супруга, обратившись к частному детективу, просит помочь. Что мы делаем? Мы ищем сразу аккаунты в социальных сетях, мониторим список друзей, мониторим фотографии и тому подобное. А уже потом, собрав всю эту информацию, можно выходить на улицу, или туда где человек проводит время. И можно определить, с кем он, чем занимается и где.

Хорошо, а еще что интересного, помимо киберпреступлений делаете? У вас на сайте перечислено много всего.

Мы как детективное агентство, по лицензии частного детектива, можем предоставлять еще услуги в сфере безопасности. Она так же широка как сфера расследований и включает в себя как самый простой вариант – физическую безопасность, так и заканчивая бодигардами, executive protection («тесная защита», безопасность VIP-персон – ред.), полный спектр услуг.

И еще тренинги у вас числятся в качестве услуги.

Что касается тренингов – это отдельное направление, у нас есть своя школа. В которой можно пройти курс и получить лицензию для работы в тех сферах, которые у нас на сайте указаны. В отличие от постсоветских стран, в Штатах и в частности в Нью-Йорке, для того чтобы работать практически в любой сфере, у человека должна быть лицензия, без этого никак. Лицензию выдает штат, но для этого необходимо пройти курс обучения в лицензированной школе, получить соответствующие документы, подтверждающие что курс пройден. Эти документы уходят в штат и на основании этого штат выдает лицензию.

И сколько человек обслуживает всю эту историю? Направлений много, штат должен быть немаленький.

Да, штат немаленький. У нас сейчас есть 4 преподавателя – это фултайм преподаватели, которые преподают основные курсы. И есть внештатные преподаватели, читающие курсы, которые пока что менее востребованы.

А по остальным направлениям? Секьюрити и детективка?

Здесь у нас фултайм преподаватели.

Я имею ввиду людей, которые в полях работают и оказывают услуги, их сколько? Всего вас сколько в агентстве?

Порядка 40 человек.

Порядка 40… это вы за 2 года так разрослись?

Да, потому что мы работаем круглосуточно и 365 дней в году, в буквальном смысле. Время бежит, не стоит, конкуренция также имеет место быть, чтобы быстро развиваться, необходимо больше работать.

Ок. А еще вот такая цитата с сайта: «(компания) была признана лучшей компанией в сфере предоставления услуг безопасности, частных расследований и тренинга». Признана кем?

Признана как потребителем, так и есть агентства, которые отслеживают работу. Которые, как это правильно выразиться, дают оценку работы.

Это как-то сертифицируется?

Да, сертифицируется. Здесь, когда бизнес начинает свою работу, в любое время…

Я уточняю, потому что увидел фразу, но не увидел прикрепленного к ней документа.

Документа не имеется, потому что сайт еще в доработке. Русская версия в принципе сырая, сайт мы еще дорабатываем. Что касается документа, то как такового документа здесь не размещается. В моем понимании, когда я вижу документ, это выглядит как какая-то показуха, это часто встречается среди русскоговорящих бизнесов. И когда их начинаешь проверять, бывает всплывает, что это левый документ.

Но не все же документы левые. Просто с ними всегда лучше, чем без них. Когда делается какое-то утверждение, его лучше подкреплять. Но это я так, отвлекся, лирика… Еще такой вопрос: поскольку направлений много, на каком вы пытаетесь концентрироваться и сделать основным? Я понимаю, что хочется охватить неохватываемое, но все-таки, детективка, секьюрити или тренинги – основное что?

Это все три направления, которые прикладные и из которых состоит компания.

И среди них есть одно самое важное. Оно всегда есть, просто так складывается, что чем-то занимаетесь больше, чем остальным.

У нас много сотрудников, офицеров безопасности, и мы занимаемся охраной как объектов, так и физических лиц. Своих людей мы так же делаем сами, то есть свой тренинг центр нам поставляет сотрудников. Не будет тренинг центра, не будет школы, будет нужда в сотрудниках. Не будет работы в секьюрити, безопасности, то и тренинг тоже теряет свой смысл в некоторой степени. Это все взаимодополняемо.

Хорошо. Еще такой вопрос: у меня есть информация, что до того, как открыть свое агентство, вы работали в ISS, если не ошибаюсь. У Григория. Это так?

Георгия.

Да, Георгия.

Да, мы с Алексом, моим партнером, сначала начинали с Георгием, а теперь вот автономные.

А почему разбежались?

Ну почему разбежались… Дело в том, что каждый выполняет свою функцию и когда идет командная работа, когда никто не якорит, получается хороший результат. Вот так мнения разошлись, Георгий стал работать сам по себе.

То есть не вы ушли, а он ушел?

Ну он занял такую позицию, что он частный детектив и он может все сам. Ну ок, может так может. Просто у людей есть разный бэкграунд, свои связи и наработки, в этом бизнесе нельзя себя просто так назвать частным детективом и сказать, что я все могу. Это большой бизнес и самому все не потянуть в таких масштабах.

Да, еще забыл спросить в начале, у вас основной контингент – это ведь русскоязычные, правильно?

Нет.

Обращаются ли американцы коренные?

У нас основной контингент не русскоязычные, если брать школу, то упор идет больше на американцев, хотя русскоязычные тоже присутствуют. Мы стараемся не сильно акцентировать внимание на том, что говорим по-русски среди американского населения. Все-таки Нью-Йорк – это Америка, и чтобы быть на уровне с американскими компаниями, нужно быть как американская компания. В русском коммьюнити да, мы акцентируем внимание на русском языке.

Хорошо. Вот недавно вы связались с МОДом, международной ассоциацией детективов. И, наверное, у вас есть какие-то планы на участие в ней. Или какие-то идеи, связанные с этим?

Я сейчас еще не полностью вижу картину, что представляет собой эта организация. Нашел чисто случайно, отправил туда информацию, чтобы люди имели представление в Америке, в частности о том, что мы здесь есть. Все-таки 40 человек компания и такие обороты, я думаю, что уже можно о себе заявлять. Бывает такое, что есть необходимость кого-то найти в России, Украине, Белоруссии, в любом случае отношения с коллегами строить нужно. Независимо от того сколько коллег, чем больше, тем лучше. Все друг друга знают и в любой момент можно поделиться работой.

Я понял. Спасибо за ответы, я думаю мы на этом закончим. До следующих, скорых встреч!

Спасибо вам, приятно было пообщаться.

Сайт детективного агентства Valor

Оригинал статьи

НСК-СБ

Staff member
Private access level
Full members of NP "MOD"
Reaction score
It’s interesting, of course, as they have in America - but, in principle, almost everything is like ours!

Original message
Интересно, конечно, как у них в Америке - но, в принципе, почти всё как у нас!

Матушкин Андрей Николаевич

Президент IAPD
Staff member
Private access level
Full members of NP "MOD"
Reaction score
Website
o-d-b.ru
In total, how many are you in a detective agency?

About 40 people.

About 40 ... are you so grown over 2 years?

Yes, because we work around the clock and 365 days a year, literally. Time is running, it’s not worth it, competition also takes place, in order to develop rapidly, more work is needed.

Very, very curious)).

Original message
Всего вас сколько в детективном агентстве?

Порядка 40 человек.

Порядка 40… это вы за 2 года так разрослись?

Да, потому что мы работаем круглосуточно и 365 дней в году, в буквальном смысле. Время бежит, не стоит, конкуренция также имеет место быть, чтобы быстро развиваться, необходимо больше работать.

Очень и очень любопытно)).

Плотников Юрий Михайлович

Private access level
Full members of NP "MOD"
Reaction score
Website
www.sysk-dv.ru
Interesting!

Original message
Интересно!

Generalpi

Private access level
Full members of NP "MOD"
Reaction score
1920 E HALLANDALE BEACH BLVD SUITE 618 HALLANDALE
Website
www.generalpi.com
The topic is very interesting and nice to see young colleagues in the market, but I would like to clarify. You say you have 40 people working, is it detectives or are you talking about a security company. Because from my 20 years of experience, I’m sure that none of the largest detective agencies in America have 40 detectives on payroll. Another thing is a security agency there, I can assume that in the best case scenario, you can try to accommodate 40 people based on the fact that for each post there are two shifts. As for George, I have known him for a long time and his security training school has existed for more than 10 years, so the question arises of who came to whom. You are a young employee to him for training or he is to you. I hope to get honest answers and after that it will be interesting to cooperate with you, since we often have orders from Cocoa NY.

Original message
Тема очень интересная и приятно видеть молодых коллег на рынке, но хотелось бы уточнить. Вы говорите у вас работает 40 человек, это детективов или вы об охранной компании. Потому что из моего 20 летнего опыта я точно уверен что ни одно из самых крупных детективных агентств в Америке не имеет 40 детективов на payroll. Другое дело security agency там я могу допустить что при самом хорошем раскладе можно постараться разместить 40 человек из расчета что на каждый пост по две смены. Насчёт Георгия я знаю его давно и его школа по тренингу охраны соществует более 10 лет, поэтому возникает вопрос кто к кому пришёл. Вы к нему молодым сотрудником на обучение или он к вам. Надеюсь получить откровенные ответы и после этого будет интересно сотрудничать с вами, так какао NY у нас частобыаают заказы.

VALOR

Investigation Agency
Reaction score
626 Sheepshead Bay Rd, Brooklyn, NY, 11224
Website
valorservice.com
Valor Security & Investigations translates as security and investigations, from this we can draw conclusions about the spectrum of activities. We are talking about everyone who works, moreover, not all employees on payroll have a contract work. As for shifts, we have facilities where 6 people work per shift. As for George, he himself did not teach, if you pay attention to the profile picture of our profile, then there are 4 people. In a blue jacket - this is Alex (you probably know him), and so he studied at the George School, was an instructor and held the position of ISS Vice President.

Original message
Valor Security & Investigations переводится как охрана и расследования, из этого можно сделать выводы о спектре деятельности. Речь идет о всех, кто работает, более того не все сотрудники на payroll, есть рабрта по контракту. Что касается смен, то у нас есть объекты где в смену трудится 6 человек. Что касается Георгия, то сам он не преподавал, если вы обратите внимание на аватарку нашего профиля, то там 4 человека. В синем пиджаке - это Алекс (Вы наверняка с ним знакомы), так вот он и занимался школой Георгия, был инструктором и занимал позицию вице-президента ISS.

Детективное агентство ОПЦИОН

Private access level
Full members of NP "MOD"
Reaction score
Website
www.daopcion.ru
Informative! Interesting! How many people are involved in detective activities? And then, as my grandmother said: "Wait and see!"

Original message
Познавательно! Интересно! Сколько же человек занимаются именно детективной деятельностью? А дальше, как говорила моя бабушка: "Поживем, увидим!"

Hikaru

Private access level
Reaction score
Thank!!! Very interesting!!!

Original message
Спасибо!!! Очень интересно!!!

Макаров Виталий Николаевич

Private access level
Full members of NP "MOD"
Reaction score
Красноярский край, п. Н-Ингаш, ул. Таёжная, 1/1-1
Interesting and informative!